This was our first Camping trip with Jimmy and our first camping trip in several years period. We had a blast. Memorial weekend 2008 at Pomme de Terre lake. Our campsite was right on the water and I mean right
on the water, as you can see in the pic's. We did everything from swimming, fishing, roasting marshmellows, BBQ to feeding geese. The weather couldn't have been better. The excitement all started on Friday night rushing to get out of the house I left all of my cloths that I packed on the basement floor and didn't realize it untill we were over half way there. Do we go back for them?? Heck no, not at 4 bucks a gallon. So, after a quick stop at the first Walmart we came to for some shorts, t-shirts, underware and socks, we were on our way again. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Yup, that's what we started hearing about three quarters of the way there. When we arrived Friday evening it wasn't quite dark yet but setting up the new tent was only a small challange. Amy read the directions and helped keep me straight. If it wasn't for her, we may have slept in the truck the first night. Our new tent was huge, well, huge as far as a tent goes. The campsite was perfect. Level and right on the water. just what we were hoping for. After we ate dinner we all sang some songs around the fire, I brought my guitar. the next day we put in the boat and brought it right up to our campsite. Perfect!! The day was filled with fishing, swimming and of course cooking and eating. It started to rain on us first thing Saturday morning. Not a lot of rain, just enough to be annoying. By the time I set up the pavillion that I made and tied the last rope it quit and the sun came out. Go figure. Oh well at least it will provode shade too. The rest of the trip was Great!!! Check out the pictures and see the fun. We are definately going here again!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment